Friends of Long Hunter announces the return of the 100 Mile Club. The 100 Mile Club is open to all ages and levels of condition. It is intended to encourage all people to improve their overall fitness level and enjoy our park trails. This event was held at the park over 20 years ago. The event is open to all runners, walkers, bikers, and wheelchair users. Registration is $20.00 and includes a T-Shirt, registration, mile log, and upon completion, a certificate.
Registration is open through Memorial Day (May 31st). All mileage must be logged at the Long Hunter State Park between Memorial Day Weekend and Labor Day, 2022. Mileages should be kept on the mileage log sheet, and all entrants are on the honor system. Mileage logs will need to be turned in by September 13th.
Registration can be completed below. Mileage logs can be printed or downloaded. For further information, contact the Friends group at email@example.com.
Before starting, please understand your fitness level and experience with hiking and outdoor activity. Consult with your doctor if needed. Know the distance you plan to hike, and always carry adequate food and water.
New this year:
- We are allowing 25 miles at your local parks and greenways
- T-Shirt Design Contest (See below)
Program Registration & Release Form
Do you have a creative eye? Help us design our t-shirt for this summer by entering your idea.
Send your idea to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 6, 2022.
- Visibility - Is it eye catching and visible from a distance
- Does it coincide with the mission of the FHLSP
- Feasibility - Must be easy to reproduce
- Design must be for the front of the shirt only
- Design must be one color
- Must include the words "100 Mile Club", and "Friends of Long Hunter"
- Club reserves the right to modify design to fit template
- DIGITAL DESIGNS: Must be high resolution and to be submitted as a .jpg, or pdf.
There is no entry fee to submit a design. Only one design submission per contestant. If you are under the age of 18, you may create a design but it must be submitted on your behalf by a parent or guardian.
Winner– Gets recognition and a free T-shirt.
By submitting an entry, the artist agrees that it is their own original work and that he/she has all necessary rights and permissions to use any included elements. The t-shirt contest team reserves the right to make adjustments and alterations to the winning entry.