The purpose of Friends of Long Hunter State Park is to help protect and improve the park environment for those who use it; and to support the park staff in its preservation and educational efforts.
We encourage you to join us in our efforts to assist Long Hunter State Park by becoming a member of our organization.
When considering a visit, Tennessee State Parks encourages the following:
- Stay at home if you are sick or do not feel well.
- Maintain at least six feet of distance between you and other visitors.
- Visit parks that are only a short distance from your home.
- Consider visiting earlier in the day so you can adjust plans if a park is full. Tennessee State Parks may limit access to certain parks or areas if capacity is reached.
- Plan ahead. Many Tennessee State Parks buildings will be closed. Plan to bring your own snacks, water and hand sanitizer.
- Prepare for limited or no bathroom access. Some restrooms remain open, but many will not.
- Consider bringing a mask and wearing it when around other people.
- Carry your trash with you or dispose of it in the appropriate containers to help keep our cleaning staff safe and our parks litter-free.
- Overcrowding may cause entire parks or portions of parks to close.
Always check the Tennessee State Parks: Long Hunger State Park website for more up-to-date information.
The 100 Mile Club
The 100 Mile Club is back at Long Hunter State Park!
Walking, running, or rolling 100 miles at the park on our great trails between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day. Participants will get a t-shirt while helping raise money for the FLHSP and encourages people to get out on our park trails.
We offer many events throughout the year. We also have a Full Event Calendar. The following is a short list of upcoming events:
NPLD - Clean-Up at Bryant Grove
Saturday, September 25 at 9:00am
NATIONAL PUBLIC LANDS DAY & TN Serves presents:
Clean-Up at Bryant Grove
Join Ranger Dominic for a clean-up day at the Bryant Grove Area of Long Hunter State Park.
This event is part of a nationwide program sponsored through NEEF's National Public Lands Day. You can read more about NEFF & NPLD here.
We'll be removing litter from the Bryant Grove peninsula. Meet at the dead end of Barnett Road, at the Bryant Grove parking lot at 9AM. Trash bags and litter grabbers will be provided.
For more information, please contact Ranger Dominic: firstname.lastname@example.org or (615) 885-2422
Friends of Long Hunter Monthly Meeting
Saturday, October 2 at 10:00am
Join the Friends of Long Hunter State Park group as they discuss park activities and plan for the future. This is your chance to become involved, make new friends, and be a part of all the exciting things happening at the park! The meetings are open to everyone. Meet inside the park office meeting room.
Friday, October 15 - All Day
A lot of support we receive comes from not only members within the Friends group, but also sponsors of local businesses throughout the community who have a love for Long Hunter State Park. If you are interested in sponsoring us, please visit our sponsor page.
The following companies have sponsored the Friends of Long Hunter State Park:
Gemini Production Group, Inc. is an award-winning Nashville video production company. They craft impactful videos for large and small businesses, agencies and brands for over 20 years.
Help the Friends of Long Hunter stay active!
Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the park. Use this AmazonSmile link when ordering.